“Do you “see” yourself living out your dreams?”
This week I finally had the chance to finish Having What Matters, a book by Monique Greenwood, which over the past few weeks has opened my eyes and forced me to ask myself some critical questions. My mentor would be furious if she knew that this book had been collecting dust in my side drawer for almost a year. Luckily, the lessons I’ve taken from this read still apply today. In fact I think the timing is better now because I’m constantly learning new things about myself and I’m more willing to embrace the book’s message.
In short Monique explains just how important it is to do inner work on yourself so that you can reach your full potential and in turn, have the energy to give back to others. I think it’s one thing to find your talent, and it’s another to find your gift or calling which gives your life meaning. But you must take care of yourself first! Not in a selfish way of course, but so that you are happy and able to inspire. It’s an on going process and it takes practice. Here are a few questions for you to reflect on:
- “How do you define success?”
- “Are you setting aside “me time” and using it to really reflect on yourself?”
- “Do you prepare for and pursue your idea of a “great career”?
- “Are you financially free?”
- “Whether single or married, are you love-able?”
- “Do you feel great about yourself?”
- “Are you making time for yourself?”
- “And, when it’s all said and done.. are you paying it forward?”